bootstrapper exception

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Edited Apr 3, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Hmm... My newly installed PortalCSVS, on the first request gives an Exception Object Reference Not Set to an instance.... in the bootstrapper.cs

Line 31: Type type = Type.GetType(component.TypeName);
Line 33: type.GetMethod("Configure").Invoke(Activator.CreateInstance(type), args);
Line 34: }

No one else has seen this??

Running in windows 7 IIS 7 ASP.NET 4.0 integrated
Apr 5, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I have seen this on IIS8 VS 2012. I had to rebuild the project to get rid of this error, hope you did the same.
Apr 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Yes, I've rebuilt it several times, and tried some tweaks. So far it simply won't get past the bootstrapper without the exception. I could start doing some hacking to track this problem down, but that might turn into a bit work just to see if the system is something I might like to work with. Maybe. This is starting to look like an issue with my versions of .NET or the Unity libs that come with the portal, or something. Dunno. Still poking at it here.

Budsy
Apr 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Ok, I figured out the problem, which turned out to be pretty simple. It had to do with the Visual Studio 2010 configuration for the web application. It was not copying a few of the DLL files from the source /bin directory over to the compiled target web site. In particular the PortalCSVS.Components.xxx files were not set as 'include in project.'

So now I can get the program to get past the above mentioned crash point, only to discover others. Now, I get an exception:

Line 92:
Line 93: // Get Modules for this Tab based on the Data Relation
Line 94: foreach (SiteConfiguration.ModuleRow moduleRow in activeTab.GetModuleRows())
Line 95: {
Line 96: var moduleSettings = new ModuleSettings();

Source File: ...\PortalCSVS\Components\PortalSettings.cs Line: 94

...I'm looking forward to getting a working site so I can see what this Startup Kit is like!

Budsy
Jan 26, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Hi,
I Had same issue, after clean and rebuild project all is good.
Coordinator
Jun 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.